Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Forbidden Words

As I watch my son grow.....I can't help but to reflect on my own life. How my parent n family raised me, what they've done right and what would I like to make better for my son. The biggest thing that I want and trying to do is instill in him that with efforts and hard work he can achieve almost anything in this world.

When I was growing up, it was obvious that music and art were not my strong suit. Out of love, my parent was trying to encourage me, unfortunately in the wrong way. They kept saying:" It's ok honey, our family never had any talent in music and art, it is hard to become an artist and musician, they require gud talent!"

That's something I don't wanna say to my son. I might not be able to play even the simplest musical instrument or draw beautifully to save my life. But He can at least try, I want him to try music, art, sport, anything and everything under the sun (except drugs :D) I want him to give his best, and if he should fail he still can raise his head high and said :"I gave my best!". I don't want him think certain things are hard or he's not talented enough. He can be what he wants to be, as long it will make him happy and successful.

So there are somethings that I forbid myself and others around me to say to my son:
1. Our family doesn't have any talent on.........
2. You don't have talent for.......
3. You can't be a ..... because it's hard
4. ......is hard to learn

Hope fully my son will grow up as a confident and happy person!

No comments:

Post a Comment