Friday, April 29, 2011

closet-phobic

Finally finished unpacking......so good to see the house is no longer cluttered by boxes. But as I enjoy my clean and neat home, I noticed that all of the closets, including the one in the guest room are full, mostly with my clothes, purses and belts.


And what about my baby and hubby's clothes you might ask......well.....all of my baby's clothes and stuffs fit into 2 medium size plastic drawers which i placed right next to his bathing station, to make it easier for me, when changing time comes. My husband's, well like most men, he doesn't really have to many clothes. His clothes only require 1/4 of the shared closet space, even that is too much space.


So again I sat down and started thinking why do I have so many clothes, purses and belts. Again? yes, again. Because every time we have move, I stared with amazement, how is it I can collect so many stuffs. And this time I realized I have more stuffs than ever.

Now, the ironic part is that I bought most of those in Riyadh, where in daily life, women must wear Abaya when going outside their house or compound. Abaya is a long over garment essentially a robe-like dress (wikipedia). So it doesn't matter what you wear inside, heck, you can even go naked and no one would know. But still, the sale sign was just to good to be ignored. And when they're having sale, they're having SALE.....I was so good at finding good bargain even a lot of the women who live there longer than me was amazed that I can find such a good bargain. For instance I found Next working shirt with beautiful ruffles on the chest only for 35 SAR (9 USD), or Express gold purse for 10 SAR (2,5 USD) or H&M dress pants for 24 SAR (6 USD). So with that kind of bargain, you might understand why it was hard for me not to buy them.

Of course I bought all of those before I have my baby, now a lot of the clothes especially the pants don't fit anymore, but I just can't bear being apart with them so quickly, hoping that after breast feeding, I can mustered enough discipline and will power to do exercises and healthy diet, so that I can fit in those pants again. And of course I also can't bear being parted from my Express faux leather jacket and my Charles & Keith black boots. Now in Indonesia, I don't need those two things but since I took me forever to find the right style and price for those items, I'm not planning to parted from them in the near future.

Looking at my closet, I realize that for every purchase I had some kind of "logical" explanation. From "I need it for my work" to "that would just be perfect to wear on a hot summer day by the beach". I'm sure I'm not the only one who did this.


So for all the ladies (or men) who have the same "problem" as me, give me a shout!





P.S. : Next time maybe I'll blog about my obsession with DVDs

No comments:

Post a Comment