Saturday, July 9, 2011

My baby fell off the bed!

"UUUUAAAA" my baby wailed from his napping room, I rushed down stair to see if he's ok. And He's not, he was laying on his tummy on the floor, that meant that he fell from a 40 cm high bed............I just screamed hysterically and picked him up from the floor, my husband n Wit (my maid/nanny) came rushing to see what happened. I started checking his body for any open wound while my husband is calming him down. After we are sure there is no skin cut, we made sure he's aware and not vomiting. As soon as, and then I asked Wit to get his milk and bag ready, I ran down the street to my neighbor, who happens to be a hired driver, and asked him to take us to the nearest hospital.

On the way to the hospital, each of us can't helped but blame ourselves, especially me, as I prayed for him, I couldn't helped not to do the what "IFs" scenario in my head. What if I didn't go up stair to talked to my husband, what if Wit wasn't busy sweeping the front yard...and many more what "IFs". The hospital is close by, so before I could think of anymore "IFs", we arrived at the BROS (Bali Royal Hospital) ER door. We were the only patient there, thank goodness, that meant the doctors can concentrate on my baby without distraction. From initial check the doctor said that he looked ok, but just to be sure he's sending my baby for CT Scan. When we heard that we're kinda skeptical, not on the scan, but on my son being still for at least 2 minute while the machine is scanning, saying my son is an active boy is an under statement. But with my husband holding his arms, I held his chin, and we both talked and sang songs for him, miraculously he stayed still long enough for the machine to scan his head. After that we were told to wait for 30 minute for the result. It was the longest 30 minute, and with us thanking God and Mother Mary, the scan showed that everything is normal, no blood clot, no hemorrhage, we can take him home and do a 24 hrs observation, if he vomit a lot, got a big headache and started to sleep outside of his sleeping patterns, then we need to bring him back to hospital.

On the way home, we again thanks God and Mother Mary for protecting our son also praying in the next 24 hrs nothing bad gonna happen.

When we got home he was sound asleep, as we put him on his crib, we hugged and cried. We promised him and each other that we'll try harder to protect him.

For now he's looking normal and healthy, and every time he smiles at me, I pray for his safety and well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment