Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No cellphone? how did you live?

My hubby n I sometimes would talk about the world would look to our son, and we could imagine that is the question he might ask when we'll tell him that we grew up without cellphone and internet.

Today I read an article :

http://www.babble.com/products/mom-products/old-technology-vhs-floppy-disk-cassette-tapes

And I know that we are not alone.

I remember talking to my 12 yrs younger sister about Unyil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si_Unyil), and she shook her head in confusion, this is way before her time. It hit me again when one of my tutoring student was asking to proof read her biology assignment that she got from Google and the worst was when I was trying to encourage a 20 y.o. guy, that I know from my foodie circle, after one of his picture he'd taken was slammed by the a more experienced photographer,so I told him to just shoot a lot of pictures after all he's using a digital DSLR camera so when he doesn't like the picture he can just delete them, unlike before when we still use rolls of films. And he looked at me like I'm from Mars. All of those people are only 12-15 yrs younger than me, but they just might as well be 50 years younger.

Yes, I do feel old when I think about all of those memory and the idea that my son will say that I am old because when I was growing up people still use telegram when they want to send a very important message quickly, or the fact that I knew how to use the typewriter, and that when I said pen pals, that doesn't mean my Facebook friends or my email buddies, that really means you are using your pen and write news or info to you pals on a piece of paper and then send them snail mail.

Any of you have similar experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment